Monday, June 8, 2009

A new adventure

Hello all,

I'm new to this blogging thing and I'm still not really sure what it is I wish to accomplish from it other than sharing info that I hope someone else finds worthwhile, sometimes venting, and possibly finding a new outlet for creativity. You see, I am currently in a job that does not keep me busy enough, and try as I may to find productive things to do, there are still lots of hours spent thinking, surfing the internet and many wasted moments wishing I were doing something else. I am grateful to have a job at this time, but I truly hope it is just a stop gap on my way to more meaningful employment or a business of my own. Approximately 9 weeks ago, I took the exam to become a registered interior designer in my state. Now, I am not here to debate the need (or not) for licensing for interior designers, but my state requires it for commercial work and I am proud of myself for having taken that big step. The exam was hard, but awaiting the results is actually agonizing. Results are still about 4-5 weeks away, though I have heard they may come earlier. Let's hope so! It is because of this waiting period that I am nervously starting to upgrade my resume so that I may either start looking for another company that needs my services and will appreciate the value of licensing, or at least start soliciting for contract work with other firms.

So, while I am in the midst of this anticipated transition period, I thought that this would be an outlet for some of my energies. I will try to not complain, or whine, but will share thoughts that I hope feedback (and constructive criticism) may bring to me, if any of you are kind enough to comment. I've called this Color Me Citrus to help me remember to have a positive outlook and sunny disposition. That, and the fact that I like bright citrus colors and happen to be growing lemon, orange and grapefruit trees in my yard. I also will share other areas of my life as well.

Sometimes I will post some of my favorite recipes, random happenings, projects, maybe even a few craft ideas and the like.

Please be patient while I'm learning my way around the blogosphere, and I hope that you will visit me here often!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment