Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Moving to Mississippi

Wow! It has been 3 years since I last posted...and so much has happened in my life since then.  And so much has changed in the blogging world, I don't know if I can catch up, but I'm gonna try!  I left blogging due to the sudden illness of a family member and I felt the need to pitch in to help care for them.  I just couldn't muster the endurance at that time to keep up my blog.  Then, life got in the way (or maybe I just let it take over) and I didn't get back to it.  But good things happened during this time too. So it's not all bad.  To make a loooonggg story short, my husband got a really good offer to go back to work for a previous employer and that move has brought us from Slidell, LA to Jackson, MS in a record breaking time -- so quickly that I had about 5 hours to find us an apartment before we had to finish packing up to be out of our house, which we sold in less than three weeks before, and make the move.  In all the haste and confusion, I had already quit my job and worked, with the help of some great family, to get us outta there and into here.  So we're in an apartment for 3 months, with 1 1/2 of those already gone and looking for a house to buy here.  It's been a challenge and I hope that we're close to a deal on the second one that we've offered on.  In between all of the looking and settling into the new area, I've been looking for a new job.  It's starting to appear that positions like my previous one are in short supply, so I'm branching out into other areas.  It is through this process that I have rediscovered blogging, and here are my hopes for the future of this lil' ole blog:
1.  To find my real voice - not the one that I think I need to put out there for boring reading, but that this is all for me.  That's how it started in the beginning, just to see if this was something I was capable of doing.  But at that time I was more worried about who might be reading, and I was filled with a lot of self-doubt, sort of like I am now.
2.  To get over that self-doubt, and hopefully inspire anyone else out there that may be reading this by relating the lessons I've learned and experiences I've had.
3.  To make new friends.  It seems that as we've gotten so caught up in the circumstances of life over the past three years, I've begun to feel isolated and lonely.  My husband and I have worked so much, and in separate cities, just being together over the weekends was not enough.  I'm so glad we are back under one roof; but being in a new town, we'll have to start making new friends all over again.
So, in the coming weeks and months, I know I'll be learning even more about what is available to me, to help make my own little corner of the blogosphere (does anyone even use that term anymore?) better, to reach out to others and share life, dreams, plans (if we do get the house we want, there will be a lot of work ahead), and maybe a few recipes, craft projects, and like many of the blogs that I've been following lately, plenty of DIY home projects. 

And if you are reading this, I thank you so very much, because just knowing that you've spent a little bit of your precious time with me makes me very happy and grateful!  And if you have comments or helpful hints, I'd love to hear them.

'Til next time,



Signature

1 comment:

  1. Aww I just read this, I'm an infrequent blogger myself. Hope you guys have settled in now. Love ya LeAnne!

    ReplyDelete