Friday, July 24, 2009

Shoe Admiration

Hi everyone,
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy every stop and shoe along the way.
My shoe obsession began at an early age with a pair of navy Bass Weejuns. It has only grown from there and this is just the tip of the iceburg...

My favorite new pair

My flip flops...the blue pair - coming apart, losing embellishments, but molded to my feet, absolutely the best for yard and housework!

the shoes I just wore to my brother's wedding...surprisingly comfortable, and very chic!
Cute, red, 'nuff said!

The comfies...slippers, sneakers, sandals!

Old stand-bys...


And last, but not least, my very comfortable new Josef Seibels...that my husband declares as "butt-ugly"! But I don't care because they are the most comfortable of all!

And a final thought about the joy of shoes...

When my mom passed away 9 years ago today, there was a lady who had just lost her home to fire. My mom was a size 5, and as it turns out so was this lady. The lady (I wish I could remember her name) had a hard time finding shoes, but apparently my mother didn't, because there were about 50 pairs that we loaded up and took to this lady who needed them, from a lady who no longer did. But to be able to pass that on to someone so ecstatically grateful was indeed a blessing...I hope that she is still wearing them well.

Don't forget to stop by Southern Lady blog who is hosting the Shoe Show. Happy shoe day to all!




8 comments:

  1. Diana, What cute, adorable shoes you have! I spotted the leopard ones right away!!! Those would have to be my favs!!! Be sure to stop by and link up and you will be entered into the drawing!
    Thanks so much for playing along! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I'm with Nancy...I was drawn to the animal print heels right away! And the "wedding shoes" were calling my name too. Even though I have no occasion to wear heels anymore, I really, really, really love a pretty, sexy pair of dress heels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana,
    I see several pair I'd like to add to my collection. Those little red ones and the ones you just wore to the wedding.....sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you! I've checked yours out too. What a great way to pass a Friday...like shopping but without having to spend any $$!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweet story about your mom! What a special act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story about your mother's shoes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diana,

    Me again! I'm glad you found me too. Can't believe I missed that you're a Louisiana sista when I was here earlier.

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete